Hutton Broadcasting is looking for a dynamic account executive for our fun and fast-paced media group! Our ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple administrative tasks, work with many different personalities, and manage conflicting priorities. If you like interacting with customers, enjoy dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s, this could be the job for you! Hutton Broadcasting does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
Hutton Broadcasting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Hutton Broadcasting does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender or sexual orientation. Our staff is composed of people of all genders, races, and members of the GLBT community.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Job Title: Account Executive
Reports To: Vice-president of sales
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepared Date: 01/05/22
SUMMARY: Develops, sells and maintains business accounts for multi-media platforms by performing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This is a multi-tasking position with many interruptions, requiring organization, dependability, focus and client confidentiality. Other duties may be assigned.
Makes daily calls on client prospects and established clients and presents outlines of various programs or commercial announcements; persuades customers to purchase advertising positions in print, on websites, digital display screens, and other media platforms by presenting appropriate information that will draw customers to their businesses; develops new business accounts; makes daily cold calls; writes and presents professional proposals, including researching and collecting data; services accounts including writing up and renewing contracts (correctly and completely filled out, signed by manager(s) and client) and production orders; writes copy; attending client remotes (assisting in set-up and break-down when necessary); picks up/drops off materials from and to clients; collects account balances from clients on a regular monthly basis; communicates regularly with management regarding projections, collections, daily activities and responsibilities; plans for further advertising ideas and needs; coordinates with appropriate departments on account changes and updates, including cancellations and address and copy changes. Submit daily sales activity report and call list; attends weekly sales meetings. Maintains company confidentiality.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional client situations in a professional and courteous manner; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet client needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; contributes to profits and revenue.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works eithically and with integrity.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly, completely and on time.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; contributes to motivating co-workers.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from accredited college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write proposals, business correspondence, and contracts. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to present conclusions and/or research in reliable and clear manner.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Internet software, Windows-based spreadsheet software, and Windows-based word processing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Keep and maintain current valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Must have reliable personal transportation.
Other Qualifications: Workday is from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, minus lunch. This may be modified according to individual departmental management.
Must be able to travel in-state without significant prior notification.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.’
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be required to:
- Drive extensively.
- Spend long periods of time at computer and on phone.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.